Herlong Recreational Airport is located on the Westside of Jacksonville, a short distance from I-10 and I-295. Herlong is an uncontrolled airport. There is an aircraft maintenance located on- airport.
• CTAF/UNICOM: 123.0
• WX AWOS-3: 119.275 (904-695-0334)
• JACKSONVILLE APPROACH: 123.8 123.8 [0700-2300]
• JACKSONVILLE DEPARTURE: 123.8 [0700-2300]
• WX AWOS-3 at VQQ (5 nm SW): 125.275 (904-778-6934)
• WX ASOS at JAX (14 nm NE): PHONE 904-741-4304
• WX ASOS at CRG (16 nm E): PHONE 904-646-4670
Herlong has two active asphalt runways, each served by full-length parallel taxi-ways. The airport’s primary runway is 7/25. It is 4,000' long and 100' wide. The secondary runway is 11/29. It has a runway length of 3,500' and a width of 100'.
Runway 7/25 is equipped with medium intensity runway lights, precision approach path indicator lights and runway end identification lights (MIRL, PAPI).
Runway 11/29 is equipped with medium intensity runway lights and precision approach path indicator lights (MIRL, PAPI)
Nearby Navigational Aids
• VOR radial/distance VOR name Freq Var
• VQQr052/(5.9)CECIL VOR117.9003W
• CRGr260/15.8CRAIG VORTAC114.5003W
• SGJr314/31.3ST AUGUSTINE VOR/DME109.4006W
FBO Hours of Operation
The FBO is staffed Monday - Friday, 0630 – 1930, and Saturday – Sunday from 0700 - 1700.
Aircraft Maintenance Options at Herlong Recreational Airport
North Florida Aviation Inc.is the onsite A&P maintenance shop located just northeast of the First Coast Flight Center ramp. Pilots can reach them at 904-589-8647.
Hangar & Tie-Down Leasing
The Jacksonville Aviation Authority owns and leases all aircraft storage areas at Herlong Recreational Airport. These include:
• 100 well-maintained t-hangars
• 60 tie-down spots, tie-down rings included
• 2 bulk hangars with FCFC staff responsible for all aircraft movement
All tenants also receive access to fuel discount programs. For availability and more information about leasing at Herlong, please contact our general aviation specialist at 904-741-5078.